banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ This one’s for you, grandma ~~

Posted by Ania On Monday, March 11, 2013

mini1

I’ve been wanting to do this mini for quite a while now..

mini2

I just haven’t dared…I mean..I knew I *had* to use the Sew Cute Mini Chipboard set from Maya Road – no doubt. Add in the measurement trim and stuff…perfect accessories to these photos:

mini4

Which is from 2006..when I visited my grandma with a pair of newly purchased pants, a tiny tad (cough) too long. No worries, grandma fixed them with her trusty, old Singer sewing machine.

mini5

At least, she helped preparing the sewing machine…
(and no, I do not think I stood there pantless taking photos of mom and grandma. I think I had the new pants in a bag when I arrived. If memory serves me right..cough..)

mini6

Nevertheless….the sewing machine worked swell..

mini7

With my mom behind, sewing…

mini8

Stamps and embellishments all from Maya Road – lovely papers from ColorCOnspiracy :) I wanted this mini to be as clean as possible, with focus on the photos inside..

mini9

As far as I am aware, grandma likes getting these little gifts from me. Well, mom keeps telling me so, urging me to send grandma more. And I wanted her to have this little album..I mean..she probably forgot about it by now, but I remember how nice it was having her old (supercool) sewing machine actually being used just for me sort of…how nice it was to be able to snap photos of her and my mom together, trying to solve this puzzle….I’m sure the sewing machine hadn’t been used for years….

mini10

Don’t you agree that these chipboards were simply just perfect for this theme? Love how coloring whitewashed chipboards makes the maya mist really shine – especially when adding glossy accent on top!

mini3

Oh, and I made the mini myself from scratch. Like. Hm. Yeah. Couldn't find a mini that fit how I wanted it so I just pulled together some papers, chipboards and adhesive…

Have a lovely week!

1 lovely comment to '~~ This one’s for you, grandma ~~'

  1. Eli Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2013/03/this-ones-for-you-grandma.html?showComment=1363271480068#c223534803321395699'> 3:31 PM

    Så flott minialbum! Målebåndet og chipboardsene er jo perfekte her; uten tvil. Heldige mormoren din :) *klem*

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-