banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Late to the party! ~~

Posted by Ania On Sunday, December 09, 2012

box2

As usual. I’m the one sitting on the fence while everybody else gets swept away w/one trend after another while I go hummm, I dunno….then when I decide that ok, it’s actually cool it’s usually at the time when everybody else’s got something new to obsess over. Doilies, feathers…and now..the ombre trend…

box6

Ahwell. At least I’m here now ;) I made this chocolate box for my grandma dearest using mostly Maya Road stuff… like this white organza rose ribbon which can be customized with mist and ink and stuff…

You can find the Maya Road blog post here by the way..

ribbons

Just paint a whole length of ribbon with some mist and water (I used popsicle blue maya mist, love that one), dabbing lots of pigment on the first lengths then just keep painting the ribbon as the pigment fades..

box5

Love sprinkling dots of liquid pearls and sparkling gems all over …:)

button1

I love the Maya Twine Cording – mostly because they’re thick and solid..however..it also makes it difficult threading it through button holes and stuff…well…unless you have that handy little eye needle thread thingie, you can just use regular sewing thread…

button2button3

Voila. Or something like that.

(I know – it’s a very simple trick, and one I should have thought of like, long, long ago, and not just now…duh..hope I’m not the only silly one out there, hence me sharing this tip ;) )

box7

The paper’s from Prima by the way..and the chocolate hearts are yummy :)

2 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Late to the party! ~~'

  1. Evelin Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/12/late-to-party.html?showComment=1355171066809#c2948075334406219569'> 9:24 PM

    oh, I love the pretty box! :D
    I am also always late in catching up with trends.... I love them but will procrastinate... Like, for now.. everyone is using the Silhouette but I think by the time I get one, crafters around the world would have moved to something else... haha

     

  2. Vibeke Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/12/late-to-party.html?showComment=1355173282123#c917793473221453730'> 10:01 PM

    Digger!! Du er så kreativ og flink:)

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-