banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ The Gift Box ~~

Posted by Ania On Wednesday, September 12, 2012
box6
Sooo.
Thanks much for the lovely comments on my photos from the confirmation! I’m still in awe myself at how grown up my little babyniece has become…and at her mature actions, mixed up with sweet glimpses of childhood innocence…ahh..
Right.
I promised scrappy stuff.
box1
This was our gift for my niece.
And may I just say? *love* *love* the papers from I {lowe} scrap! (yes, ILS spell it w/w)
box2
I took an empty Maya Road box, made a card that fit inside plus a “belt” so I could decorate the front properly as well…. the decoration was quite simple: A dressed up chipboard filefolder from the road signs box from Maya Road, and various scraps that was either on or close to my desk ;p Even got to use an old, glittery plate from Making Memories, the ubercool vinyl thicker (which had to be glued on – its own glue was long time gone)…a canvas butterfly (MR) which I tested some stamping on then decided against using on my project way back…well..got to use it here…and love the pins + the vintage pearly gem :)
box4
I *love* the jewellery we gave her, made by Sara Christine Warholm. The inscription reads “gjør det umulige mulig”….”make the impossible possible”. Added a little matchbook-album w/photos of her (one each year…well..almost..those I could find on the pc…blush) & room for money on each sides of the box.

box5
It started w/1998, and I think I had a photo for each year following 2000.
box3
And finally..the card…
A very simple once, since the paper’s pretty graphic. Just…patterned paper, a doily + the chipboard portrait (sprayed w/sunflower yellow & covered w/iridescent glitter + glossy accent on top…oh, and the banner chipboard…both chipboards from Maya Road..

Right! Working on more scrappy stuff…going ever so slowly, adding little bits here and there…now that the # of design teams I’m on is down to two, I don’t have that many deadlines to reach…which’s pretty boring whenever I wanna scrap more (I’m used to scrap following deadlines or challenges, I need either one to actually scrap :p). Although I’ll admit it’s nice too when work’s keeping me so busy I’m exhausted and just hits bed early in the evenings...which admittedly happens more often than not! :p

1 lovely comment to '~~ The Gift Box ~~'

  1. Aquarell Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/09/gift-box.html?showComment=1347481122686#c7387594820379996370'> 10:18 PM

    Så fin denne var! Flott gaveboks. Og det smykket var bare så kult. :)

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-