banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Oh, so nerdy ~~

Posted by Ania On Thursday, August 09, 2012

nerdy1

Came across this photo of my sister dearest. Felt like scrapping it.

Something about the style of this layout makes me think of Kine.

Poor littlesis. When we were young, the Internet was just about to hit the population – but not quite yet. It still belonged to nerdy college&university people – and nerdy little girls like me sitting on 2400baud modems (well, I started out with one, spent a chunk of my spare money buying better and better modems :p) waiting for the clock to turn 5pm so I could connect to the net (using the phone after 5pm was cheaper). I loved to play games on the PC too (Especially HOMM and similar games in the very beginning). My sister did not approve. At. All. And used to get upset with me for spending time in front of the PC, declaring the Internet and PC to be something stupid & useless and something she’d never ever understand nor use herself. Right.

nerdy2

 

The paper are a Mix of Pink Paislee, Crate Paper, Prima and 3ndypapir. The latter is actualy a keyboard-paper, but the keyboards are hidden by the embellishments :/ And hey, I spot a Love, Elsie epoxy sticker as well as Hambly screenprint rubons =) Unfortunately I lost one of the letters w/extra glue on it glueside on the photo - after everything else was added/stuck to the photo ofc, making it difficult for me to replace the photo. Hence adding rub-ons and stuff to the photo itself to try minimize the damage.

nerdy3

Love these large chipboard letters from Prima

nerdy4

More Love, Elsie (fabric sheet – cut it into a fabric strip here) and Hambly chandelier-stickers.

nerdy5

The whole layout turned a bit too heavy to the right when I was done, so I added these two paperstrips to the left side to try amend that. Helped a lot on the balance.

3 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Oh, so nerdy ~~'

  1. Aquarell Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/08/oh-so-nerdy.html?showComment=1344550762086#c5177968402404439314'> 12:19 AM

    Herlig LO! :)Fargerik og flott! :)

     

  2. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/08/oh-so-nerdy.html?showComment=1344605361011#c8091876152313335367'> 3:29 PM

    Fun layout, Ania! I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time!

     

  3. rosemary Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/08/oh-so-nerdy.html?showComment=1344666723103#c8706896109635730632'> 8:32 AM

    Great story behind your layout~ its fun to reminisce! The background looks a little busy compared to your typical but the layout as a whole has that terrific rough, devil-may-care vibe :)

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-